The OEM CLA is the agreement that an OEM Customers must sign in order to license MS Products through the distribution channel. This is the primary agreement between Microsoft and the OEM Customer.
- A CLA is valid for two (2) years
- A CLA is the agreement that an OEM Customer must sign in order to license MS Products through the distribution channel
- An active CLA must be in place prior to distributing an Embedded System with an Image installed that includes an MS Product
- The OEM CLA includes the general terms and conditions that govern the licensing of MS Products
- CLA is an umbrella agreement – no commitment to product, volume or price is required
How to sign the new digital CLA
The following process requies you to have a valid Microsoft Account (Windows Live ID). Your company might have one already for a MSDN subscription or your companies Microsoft Partner account.
If you do not have a Microsoft Account please register one with your companies email address (http://account.live.com)
- Please send us your Microsoft Accounts email address
- After we added you in the Microsoft CLA system you will receive an email from Microsoft - please click on the "Click here" link in the email
- Login with your Microsoft Account
- Check your companies data and fill in additional information if needed - then submit the form
- After approval (can take a few days) of the data you will receive another email from DocuSign that contains your CLA that you need to digitally sign - please follow the steps described in the DocuSign website for this
- After signing the CLA you will receive another email from Microsoft stating that the CLA has been counter signed (can take a few days)