Driver Extractor is a tool which makes creating SLD components for drivers very eas
All you need to do is to run the tool on the target machine with XP, Vista or Windows 7 and all device drivers installed.
Then you just need to select the devices for which the drivers should be exported into an SLD file and click export.
Driver Extractor will then copy all the needed files and creates a component for XPe/WES with Repository for you.
After importing the component to the database you can easily create your image.
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Windows Operating system with all needed device drivers installed
- WMI Support (if running on an embedded OS)
- Windows must be installed on C:\Windows in the current version
How To Use
- Run DriverExtractor.exe on the target device. The Windows version should be XP as the exported drivers are taken from the current installation. If you use Vista it will take Vista driver which might not work under XP!
- Check the devices for which you want to export the drivers.
- Click Actions / Export Selected.
- Choose an output directory. The tool will create a separate folder for each component named by the devices name.
- Import the component (located in the output directory\Devicename\sld directory) into the Database by using the Component Database Manager
- Add the component to your configuration
|File / End||Ends the program|
|Actions / Export Selected||Exports the drivers for the selected devices|
|Actions / Select All||Selects all devices|
|Actions / Deselect All||Deselects all devices|
|Actions / Refresh||Refreshes the device list|
|View / Files of selected device
Contextmenu / Show Driver Files
|Shows the needed driver files for the current selected device|
|View / Properties
Contextmenu / Properties
|Opens the Windows properties for the current selected device|
|? / About||Displays information about the tool|
Shows the needed driver files for the current selected device
Exports the drivers for the selected devices
Opens the Windows properties for the current selected device