Microsoft SQL Server 2012 for embedded systems
SQL Server 2012 will provide Mission Critical Confidence with greater uptime, blazing-fast performance and enhanced security features for mission critical workloads; Breakthrough Insight with managed self-service data exploration and stunning interactive data visualizations capabilities; Cloud On Your Own Terms by enabling the creation and extension of solutions across on-premises and public cloud.
SQL Server 2012 will be available in three main editions:
Enterprise for mission critical applications and large scale data warehousing
- SQL Server AlwaysOn: A new unified HA solution for greater uptime, faster failover, and better use of hardware resources.
- Power View: A highly interactive data exploration and visualization tool for users of all levels that helps enable insights at the speed of thought.
- xVelocity: Helps enable a generational leap in performance across data warehousing and business intelligence.
- Data Quality Services: Improve data quality by using organizational knowledge and 3rd party reference data providers to profile, cleanse, and match data.
- Distributed Replay: Production-like application testing enables high scale out testing for mission critical apps, configuration changes, and upgrades.
- Enhanced Audit: Increase manageability related to auditing with audit resilience, filtering, user-defined audit, and enablement across all editions.
Business Intelligence, a new product edition, providing premium corporate and self-service BI
- PowerPivot: Empower users to access and mash-up data from virtually any source and easily collaborate and share insight using familiar tools with PowerPivot.
- Power View: Discover new insights with Power View, an interactive browser-based data visualization and presentation experience for users of all levels.
- BI Semantic Model: Provide consistent view across heterogeneous data sources and easily transform end user created apps into corporate BI solutions.
- Master Data Services: Maintain master data across the organization structures used for object mapping, reference data and metadata management.
- Data Quality Services: Help improve data quality by using organizational knowledge and 3rd party reference data providers to reliably profile, cleanse, and match data.
Standard for basic database, reporting and analytics capabilities
- Windows Server Core Support: Reduce OS patching by as much as 50-60%¹ with new support for Windows Server Core.
- Distributed Replay: Simplify application testing and help minimize errors with production-like application testing and configuration changes, and upgrades.
- User-Defined Server Roles: Easily manage permissions around data access to support separation of duties and enable compliance around strict data access policies.
- SQL Server Data Tools:Take database development to the next level with SQL Server Data Tools an integrated development experience for database and BI.